Linguine with White Clam Sauce
From McGough's Recipes
Yields 4 servings
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 6 oz cans minced clams, with juice
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp each: oregano, salt, and pepper
- 1 lb linguine 1/2 C grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in large skillet, add onion and cook until soft. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Add clams with juice, red pepper, oregano, salt, and pepper. Simmer uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook 1 lb linguine in large pot of boiling salted water. Drain and put in large, warm serving dish. Pour out sauce over linguine. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.