Chicken Enchilada Ring
From McGough's Recipes
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken (about 12 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted ripe olives
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shedded cheddar and monterrey jack cheese blend
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Pantry Southwestern Season Mix
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 lime
- 2/3 cup finely crushed corn tortilla chips, divided
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Chop chicken and olives using food chopper; place in classic batter bowl. Add cheese, green chilies, mayonnaise and seasoning mix.
- Seed and chop 1 tomato. Slice lime in half. using juicer, juice one half of lime to measure 1 teaspoon juice. Reserve remaining lime for garnish.
- Add chopped tomato and lime juice to chicken mixture.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons crushed chips; add remaining chips to chicken mixture and mix well.
- Sprinkle reserved crushed chips over flat side of large grooved cutting board. Unroll crecent roll dough.
- Place dough, sitcky side down, onto crushed chips; press down lightly so chips adhere to dough. Separate douch into triangles. Arrange triangles, chips side down, in a circle round stoneware with wide ends overlaping in the center and points towards ourside. (there should be a 5-inch diamater opening in the center.)
- Using medium scoop, scoop chicken mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle.
- Bring points up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring. (Filling will not be completly covered.)
- Bake 20-25minutes or until golden brown.
- For garnish, cut remaining tomato 8 wedges. Cut remaining half of lime into 4 slices; cut in half. Arrange between opeings of ring. Serve with salsa and sour cream.