Peppermint White Hot Chocolate
From McGough's Recipes
- 5-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons crushed peppermint candies, divided
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Miniature marshmallows, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in 1 teaspoon crushed candy.
- Whisk chocolate into milk until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in extract. Pour into mugs; top with whipped cream. Sprinkle with remaining candy and, if desired, marshmallows. Serve immediately.