Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
From McGough's Recipes
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time 15 min 30 min 45 min
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (Optional)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups Ritz crackers, crushed (Substitute with French Fried Onions)
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 12 oz or 1 package egg noodles
- Bring water to a boil in a small pot to cook the noodles.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together cooked pasta, chicken, soup and sour cream in a large bowl.
- Add in Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and poppy seeds.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread chicken and pasta mixture into pan and top with cubes of butter.
- Top with crushed crackers (French Fried Onions).
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Best served with egg noodles