Esquites Pasta Salad
From McGough's Recipes
- 1 lb. penne
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 c. frozen or fresh corn
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/3 c. Mexican crema or sour cream
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. crumbled cotija or feta
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped cilantro
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions to al dente. Drain.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add corn and cook until blistered, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, crema, lime juice, chili powder, and cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss pasta, corn, cotija, and cilantro together. Add dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.