Caprese Chicken Pasta
From McGough's Recipes
|5 Min||25 Min||4|
- 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 11 oz. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 12 oz. cooked short pasta noodles (such as penne or spiral)
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 oz. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Make balsamic glaze: In a medium saucepan, add balsamic vinegar, sugar, and honey and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half. Remove from heat and transfer to a heatproof bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add chicken and cook until warm. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add cooked pasta to skillet and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Season with remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning and salt and pepper and stir to combine. Stir in tomatoes and cook until pasta is hot throughout and tomatoes are tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add chicken and mozzarella, then cover and cook until cheese is melty. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.